Shutdown and Troubleshooting
Whenever the system is shut down and the chlorinator is removed, it must be evacuated of residual gas before being removed from the tank. To do so:
- Open the rate valve to the top.
- Shut off the water supply.
- Shut off the chlorine cylinder valve.
- Turn on the water.
- Draw vacuum into the system. Wait until the ball in the valve reaches and stays at the bottom of the tube.
- Release the vacuum by loosening the hose from the top fitting of the chlorinator.
- Retighten the fitting and again draw vacuum three more times. (Repeat steps 5 - 7).
The chlorinator may now be left on the tank, removed from the tank and replaced, or the tank may be capped if it is not to be immediately used.
Click here for Troubleshooting Procedures